A private elementary school and middle school cultivating young minds
Academy Hill provides an intellectual, nurturing, and enriching foundation in a welcoming environment for students at the elementary school and middle school levels. Our goal is to develop tomorrow's Visionaries, Leaders, and Innovators by:
- Identifying and cultivating talents through challenging, and differentiated programs;
- Building character, citizenship, and confidence in students;
- Encouraging and enabling creative and critical thought and actions;
- Pursuing individual curiosity while encouraging self-initiative and a passion for learning;
- Developing the capacity and self-confidence needed for effective public speaking and self-advocacy;
- Building the skills our students need to succeed in the future; and
- Collaborating with families to provide students with the best possible experience.
Statement on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Academy Hill School has been engaged in diversity work since our founding. We recognize diversity alone does not lead to inclusion, and we are committed to taking active steps to create an environment in which the identities and cultural backgrounds of our families, students, and employees are valued and respected.
At Academy Hill we believe that diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to achieving educational and academic excellence, and that students’ learning experiences are enriched by the diversity of the curriculum, student body, and adult community. Academy Hill is committed to creating an inclusive and equitable community in which all individuals can participate in and contribute to the life of the school, regardless of race, gender, class, religion, sexual orientation, or any other aspect of their identity. We are actively working to gain a deeper understanding of difference and how we honor it in our daily lives at school.
As a NAIS (National Association of Independent Schools) member school, we believe in and subscribe to the Association's Principles of Good Practice as they concern Equity and Justice.