By participating in these events, you will have a lot of fun and help raise money for the Academy Hill Parents' Association:
1. Pizza & Ice Cream Fridays - Academy Hill parents sell pizza (all year long) and ice cream (during the warmer months) on Fridays. It is a nice break from packing lunch all week and helps to raise money for the school. We are looking for pizza Friday volunteers. Sign up by clicking here and then searching for the Academy Hill School Parents' Association group.
2. Academy Hill Apparel - Click here to place an order.
3. Annual Mum Sale - Order form available here.
4. Unos Night Out - Uno's Pizzeria in Downtown Springfield. A few of these are scheduled throughout the year and it is a great gathering of families, students and staff. A percentage of your total bill goes directly to Academy Hill, whether you dine in or take out.
5. Barnes and Noble Book Fair - The book fair is scheduled in early December. Parents, family, friends, and neighbors are welcome to shop at the Barnes and Noble in Holyoke or online. A percentage of the sales from that day are donated to the AHS Parents' Association.
6. OriginalWorks - Beth Goebel works with the students to produce a picture of a selected theme each year. In late November, families receive an order form from a company called "Original Artworks" that produces products from the students' artwork. Families may order items with their child's artwork imprinted on it (some items include t-shirts, coffee mugs, magnets, yard flags, etc.) These items make great gifts for family, friends and staff members.
7. Dow Jones Lottery – In late November, we sell a book of 10 tickets for $10/ticket. The lottery starts in January, runs for 50 days that the stock market is open, and is based on the closing Dow Jones number for each day. If the last 3 digits of the closing Dow Jones number matches your ticket, you win $50. These lottery tickets make great gifts for family, friends and staff members.