By participating in these events, you will have a lot of fun and help raise money for Academy Hill:
1. Pizza & Ice Cream Fridays - Academy Hill parents sell pizza (all year long) and ice cream (during the warmer months) on Fridays. It is a nice break from packing lunch all week and helps to raise money for the school.
2. Unos Night Out - Uno's Pizzeria in Downtown Springfield. A few of these are scheduled throughout the year and it is a great gathering of families, students and staff. A percentage of your total bill goes directly to Academy Hill, whether you dine in or take out.
3. Scholastic Book Fair - The book fair is scheduled in October to coincide with Grandparents’ Day. Parents help out by setting up and working the book fair during school hours and before and after school.
4. OriginalWorks - Beth Goebel works with the students to produce a picture of a selected theme each year. In late November, families receive an order form from a company called "Original Artworks" that produces products from the students' pictures. Families can order items with their child's picture imprinted on it (some items include t-shirts, coffee mugs, magnets, yard flags, etc.) These items make great gifts for family, friends and staff members.
5. Dow Jones Lottery – In late November, we sell a book of 10 tickets for $10/ticket. The lottery starts in January, runs for 50 days that the stock market is open, and is based on the closing Dow Jones number for each day. If the last 3 digits of the closing Dow Jones number matches your ticket, you win $50. These lottery tickets make great gifts for family, friends and staff members.
6. AIC Annual 5k “Run for Education” – This event takes place in late April and is hosted by American International College in Springfield. Academy Hill families and friends participate in this run and based on their results, can raise money for Academy Hill School.