By participating in these events, you will have a lot of fun and help raise money for the Academy Hill Parents' Association:
1. Pizza & Ice Cream Fridays - Academy Hill parents sell pizza (all year long) and ice cream (during the warmer months) on Fridays. It is a nice break from packing lunch all week and helps to raise money for the school.
2. Unos Night Out - Uno's Pizzeria in Downtown Springfield. A few of these are scheduled throughout the year and it is a great gathering of families, students and staff. A percentage of your total bill goes directly to Academy Hill, whether you dine in or take out.
3. Barnes and Noble Book Fair - The book fair is scheduled in early December. Parents, family, friends, and neighbors are welcome to shop at the Barnes and Noble in Holyoke or online. A percentage of the sales from that day are donated to the AHS Parents' Association.
4. OriginalWorks - Beth Goebel works with the students to produce a picture of a selected theme each year. In late November, families receive an order form from a company called "Original Artworks" that produces products from the students' pictures. Families can order items with their child's picture imprinted on it (some items include t-shirts, coffee mugs, magnets, yard flags, etc.) These items make great gifts for family, friends and staff members.
5. Dow Jones Lottery – In late November, we sell a book of 10 tickets for $10/ticket. The lottery starts in January, runs for 50 days that the stock market is open, and is based on the closing Dow Jones number for each day. If the last 3 digits of the closing Dow Jones number matches your ticket, you win $50. These lottery tickets make great gifts for family, friends and staff members.